Assist in the implementation and planning of assigned data analysis components of medium- to large-scale, complex research projects requiring the development of complex data analysis systems. Consult with data analysis supervisory staff in the application, modification, and documentation of such systems using established technologies from diverse fields.
- Work effectively in a team setting and take an active role in contributing to team discussions and decisions.
- Analyze, design, modify, develop, document and implement technologies for executing medium- to large-scale, complex research and development data analyses/methodologies. Identify unusual data analysis situations and problems and develop solutions.
- Consult with data analysis supervisory staff on the development of technologies for executing medium- to large scale, complex research and development data analysis projects/methodologies. Contribute to the implementation and support of new hardware/software/data analysis methodologies to support research system development.
- Assist in the preparation of data analysis components of proposals and cost/resource estimates.
- Maintain continuing awareness of recent advances in numerical analysis, computer science and statistical technologies.
- Implement components of technical documentation of data analysis systems, solutions and results.
- Attend area-wide staff training and development sessions.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a closely related field is required.
- Two years of experience in a related data analysis field are required.
- Strong programming background, preferably in Fortran, and coursework in statistics are essential.
- Expertise in graphics and spreadsheet software and experience in analyzing data using statistical/psychometric techniques are highly desirable.